Sunday 5th March 2023

I had a relaxing morning at the Colombo Swimming Club - sleeping in a bit, and having a late breakfast, before trying to catch up on some emails - particularly trying to sort out the conversation sessions between various volunteers from around the world and the Sri Lankan teachers on the fifth cohort of what was our Rotary International Project, but is now being run by Tea Leaf Trust.

Daya arrived around lunchtime, but neither of us were particularly hungry, so we got a tuk-tuk to take us to visit his uncle - his father's younger brother. We had such a lovely welcome from the family, who live on the outskirts of Colombo in a very nice apartment. We spent most of the time just eating, chatting, and relaxing - sitting out on the balcony whilst it rained. I hope to see them again next time I am in Colombo.

From there, we went on to Afwaj's house for dinner around 19:30. He also lives in a very nice apartment, and he had arranged a lovely meal for us, which was extremely kind of him. It was a very warm evening - the climate is so much hotter and more tropical than in the hill country - and we sat out in a balcony area. I think Afwaj enjoys entertaining people when he has the apartment to himself, and I was very grateful to him.

We decided to see a Tamil movie (with English sub-titles) at 21:30 at Eros, the nearest public cinema. I had already seen it with Daya in Nuwara Eliya, but I still enjoyed it the second time around. We sat in a balcony area to watch the film, which I thought gave us a great view of the screen. After the film, Daya came back with me in a tuk-tuk to collect something he had left with me, and then we had to say a final goodbye until I return next January!

Today's photographs all all from this afternoon's visit to see Daya's uncle Jeganathan and his lovely family.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024