Friday 16th February 2024

It was my final day in the Pre-Primary Department of the Royal International School today, which was kind of sad, as they have been so welcoming, and I have had the most amazing time there. Miss Agatha and Miss Tharika run a very tight team that manages 902 children from Toddlers to Nursery to Lower Kindergarten (LKG) to Upper Kindergarten (UKG) extraordinarily well, and which provides an excellent foundation for these pupils' learning journey.

I had a wonderful morning where I was observing Number lessons with the UKG Co-ordinator and the English Co-ordinator (seeing the level of English in the Number lessons). In almost all the lessons, the quality of the teaching was exceptionally high, with the attention to detail - and in particular with the resources they had prepared - quite incredible. And apart from all of that, it was great fun, which is, in my opinion what learning should be for children.

I had a nerve-wracking afternoon, as I had to deliver a session on time management to the key leaders in the school, including Madam Sandra. I could not have been better prepared, but I still felt quite nervous, as I wasn't sure what to expect, and it is not my favourite thing to do, even though people say I am very good at it! I think it went okay, and I was just relieved to get it out of the way, as I could then enjoy Friday evening, and the weekend.

I was on my own again for the evening, and it has been rather lonely at the hotel where I am I staying. My room is very pleasant, but there are very few guests there, and it is not exactly the liveliest of places to be! Bearing this in mind, I decided to go into Kurunegala and sort a couple of things out, before taking a tuk-tuk to where Madam Sandra took me on my first evening here, where I had the same amazing meal that I had on that evening, and enjoyed some live music.

Today's photographs are all of the lesson observations (I joined in with the last Number lesson!). I forgot to take any photographs of this afternoon's training session, as I was too nervous! The last photo shows me eating alone, which I am not keen on, but on the plus side, there was some lovely live music!














Comments

  1. I wonder what is splitting the sides of Agatha and Tharika? Quite a challenge for you to deliver a time management training session to such a successful team of educationalists, I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024