Sunday 19th February 2023

I was up pretty early for a Sunday and proceeded to do my weekly washing, despite the fact that it was a terrible day for drying it. I think it is my penultimate go with the twin-tub, as next weekend is my last one in Blackpool. I have put it all out on a rack indoors, but the atmosphere is so damp that it doesn't always dry like that. I am hopeful that we may see some sun tomorrow morning, and I can hang it out then.

We decided to go into town to watch a film called 'Vaathi', which was showing at 13:00. Daya invited Nakiba (who is like his Deputy Principal at Tea Leaf Centre Nanu Oya), as she loves the star of that film, and I invited Shamira again, but she was too busy to come today. This was my fourth Tamil movie during this visit to Sri Lanka, and it didn't disappoint! I have enjoyed all four films that I have seen in different ways.

I stayed on in Nuwara Eliya and went to the Grand Hotel - just for some hot chocolate - but it was very nice in the Tea Room, as a pianist was playing, and I enjoyed just relaxing and listening to him. I didn't stay that long this afternoon and got a tuk-tuk back to Blackpool quite early, as I fancied just relaxing at home a little bit. I only have a few days left to do that now, and I missed my room when I was away last week!

Val called me whilst I was relaxing in my room, so it was lovely to catch up with her, as she had quite a busy week in Bath and Cirencester last week before returning to Bury to her Mum's. We chatted about our impending trip to Cres, Croatia, which we are both very much looking forward to, as it is such a great place for both of us. We will be on our own there this spring, before being very busy with visitors in the summer.

Today's photos show Daya and Nikiba outside the cinema, then a shot of the shrubs growing in the grounds of The Grand Hotel, with banana leaf canopies that let the rain through, but offer protection from the sun (which is very hot when it appears!). I also took some photos of flowers, and a couple of horses at the racecourse!









 

Comments

  1. Daya and Nakiba look like a pretty formidable team. Going to the pictures on a Sunday afternoon must be therapeutic! Do the horses get to compete for a living, or are they semi-wild?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024