Tuesday 28th June 2022

I headed into Nuwara Eliya this morning, intending to get a bus at Blackpool Junction, but none were coming, so I hailed a tuk-tuk, which stopped and revealed a young woman driving it, with her mother sat in the back, I gratefully jumped in and received a lovely ride into Nuwara Eliya, taking a photo of my first ever female tuk-tuk driver in nearly 6 months of travel in Sri Lanka when we got there.

I went to see my friend Raheem and took him to meet Donald at GROW, as he might be able to help him with a matter. We chatted for a while, then walked back into town. Donald then came with me to watch a cricket tournament that The Grand Hotel had organised for their staff. It was very enjoyable, especially as it was a beautiful sunny day. It was nice to relax a bit in the sun for a change.

The Central Team had arranged to meet me at The Grand Hotel at 13:30 to say goodbye to me, and I had a lovely time with them. They had bought me a lovely shirt, and written me a beautiful message in a card, which I was really touched by. We had a coffee and cake together, then went for a wander around The Grand Hotel, ending up in the pool and gym area, where we took a few photos. 

I said goodbye to Sutharshan and Jesmin, then walked to the town centre with Tharika and said goodbye to her, although I may see her again before I leave. I got a tuk-tuk back to Blackpool and had a very pleasant evening in with Yad, Jana, Meena and Daya. I will leave Nuwara Eliya to travel to Colombo a week today, providing Reggie can get some petrol for his car!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024