Sunday 26th June 2022

I stayed at home today, as I still had a lot of preparation to do for the presentation, I am giving to the Croatian English teachers tomorrow. I had a plan in mind for this, but I found it quite difficult to flesh out, as I was not that sure what they had in mind when they asked me to take this session. I feel like I am 'winging it' but it will probably be fine in the end, as my contact Mima doesn't seem too concerned.

My first photograph today shows Yad, the Director of Tea Leaf Vision in a sari, as she doesn't often wear one. I am advised that, beautiful as they are, they are not the most comfortable or practical garment for a woman to wear. I also took a photo of Yad with her husband Jana, who, along with Yad's mother Meena, have been amazing hosts to me during my stay here in Blackpool, Nuwara Eliya. 

I couldn't stay in all day, as I needed to get some fresh air, so after a delicious lunch prepared by Meena, I ventured out to discover the delights of Blackpool once again. I had not got very far when I bumped into a guy called Nimal, who engaged in a long chat with me about the state of the country. I could only agree with him, as Sri Lanka is very clearly in a pitiful state now.

I did a circular walk, ending up at Blackpool Junction, where I catch the bus into Nuwara Eliya - you can see the bus shelter advertising The Blackpool Hotel, with the road sign stating you are 27.18km from the end of the world. There is also a photo of the sign I pass each day telling you to keep calm, as you are so close now to The Blackpool Hotel - just 1km ahead - which always makes me smile!

There is a link below, courtesy of Tim Westbrook, to the latest hard-hitting news report on the current situation in Sri Lankan, suggesting that the office of President will be abolished soon.

https://www.colombotelegraph.com/index.php/what-the-president-can-do-before-he-goes/










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024