Sunday 24th April 2022

I had a strange old day today, and, in many ways, it was very amusing! It was always going to be a very relaxed Sunday for me, so I spent the morning quite leisurely getting on with some paperwork for Tea Leaf Vision, and doing a bit of sorting out and packing, ready for my move down to Maskeliya tomorrow morning, as I now have an extra suitcase of stuff to contend with!

When I was at Yad's on Wednesday afternoon, she invited me back for lunch today. Reggie took me home in his tuk-tuk that day and agreed to pick me up at 13:00 today to take me to Yad's. He arrived well on time, but I think something must have got lost in translation, as the journey seemed rather odd to me - and it certainly didn't have the familiarity of my journey to Yad's on Wednesday.

Eventually, we got to where Reggie thought we were supposed to be going, and he beckoned me to get out of the tuk-tuk. He took me to a front door and Jesmin appeared! It transpired that Reggie thought I was visiting Sutharshan, Jesmin and their lovely daughter Adhira in Kandapola, which is, sadly, nowhere near where Yad lives! However, we all saw the funny side of it and had a quick cup of tea!  

I eventually arrived at Yad's very late, and they had already eaten their lunch - but had saved some for me and it was fabulous! I had a great time chatting with Yad, who is wonderful company, but it was tinged with sadness that life is so overshadowed by the current political situation here. To find out more, please check out the link below shared with me by Hendrik from Bathavon Rotary Club.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/24/humanitarian-crisis-sri-lanka-rajapaksa-spark-real-change










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024