Tuesday 3rd December 2019

I got to school for my final time quite early, so I was able to put the ‘Welcome’ banner up I made for them (but I forgot to take a photo of it). It has brightened up the school a little bit, but it has also meant that I feel like I have left a bit of me behind in the key places I have worked during my time here. The school has a very similar sort of feel this week as I remember having just before the summer breaks when I was working, apart from the fact that it seems strange to have a summer break starting in December. It also doesn’t feel at all like summer at the moment, as the rain is back, and it is also quite cold.

I spent a final afternoon in Nuwara Eliya doing some last-minute Christmas shopping. I had already bought some presents during my time here, but there were still a couple of family members I had struggled to buy for, and I managed to find some lovely gifts for them. It was a strange feeling wandering round Nuwara Eliya for the last time before I leave. It’s hardly the most beautiful of towns, but I have grown extremely fond of it.

I got a tuk-tuk back to Nidwalden resort and caught up on a final few emails, before getting changed out of my ‘smart’ school clothes and having a final repack of my luggage, especially the suitcase that I am leaving behind. I was trying to add a few more things to it this afternoon, but I could still fit a bit more into it I think. I will have a final go in the morning. Reggie is picking me up at 14:00 tomorrow afternoon, so I can try to relax a bit tomorrow morning before the long journey back to Bath.

Today's photos are of Nidwalden Resort and my hosts JP and Loga (with Yoga, their 'man' who helps them), which I am hoping will be my home for 3 months when I return late next year or early in 2021.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024