Thursday 26th September 2019

At 10:00 this morning, I had a Skype Conference Call with Tim Pare in New Zealand, Yad and Jesmin in Nuwara Eliya and me in Maskeliya. It was extremely useful, as it clarified what I would be doing in the next phase of my work here for the International Rotary Project, plus other bits of work for Tea Leaf Vision, which tie in with the International Rotary Project anyway. It did not cover any of the peace-keeping and reconciliation work and I will have another Skype Conference Call about that in due course.

I had a little time to practice with the students for their Speech Conference tomorrow and then we all went to the Wedding Hall for a final practice at the venue. I went in the lorry and, as I climbed up into it, I split my trousers and had to grab another pair on the way to change into once I arrived at the Wedding Hall!

The Wedding Hall is such a great venue for the Speech Conference and a long time was spent decorating it and having a full practice for tomorrow. What is probably the most impressive feature of the Wedding Hall is the incredibly beautiful view from the back of it downstairs. It overlooks the hills and the gorgeous lake at Maskeliya and it must be one of the best places I have ever seen to host a wedding. 

As the students were going home, I was accompanied to the local tailor shop where a lovely gentleman used a sewing machine to sew up my trousers extremely efficiently (for next to nothing!) and I took a photograph of him in his workshop! I also took a few photos of the town and a couple of the view from the town towards Adam’s Peak, which is a favourite hike for both locals and tourists alike.

I definitely want to come back here over the next few weeks, even if it is just for a weekend, as it is so lovely here, but I would want to ensure that I knew there would be better weather, so that I could take the opportunity to explore the area a lot more than I have been able to this week.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024