Wednesday 31st January 2024

There was a scratching at my door last night, as Ranger has been relocated from upstairs to downstairs at night, and he is clearly missing Yad, so he came into my room and sat by my bed for a long time. I stroked him, and talked to him about separation anxiety, reassuring him that Yad would return, but he still whimpered and gave me a pleading look, and went to the main door, clearly wanting to be let out, and this happened 3 times before I drifted off to sleep.

Meena is struggling to feed Ranger, who is refusing to eat, and Yad's brother told us this always happens when she is away. She has gone away with Jana for a well-earned break, but she will be back in a day or two, and I'm sure Ranger will be delighted to see normal order restored. He is a lovely dog, and Yad adores him, which is probably why he misses her so much. I am very fond of him, as he will often come and sit next to me when Yad isn't around, wanting a bit of attention.

I went into school with Hadeeqa today, arriving in time for Activity Day at 11:00, which is a wonderful bonding time for the new intake of students, where they play a variety of silly party-type games, and get excited beyond belief, in a way that is really infectious. I think it is a brilliant opportunity for the students to just have fun together and begin to feel part of a cohort of students that are going to work together for the rest of the Main Diploma programme. 

Miggy and Stephanie returned from Maskeliya today, and Tim invited them to join Isabelle and me for dinner at Milano's, followed by desserts/drinks at The Golf Club. I feel very fortunate to be here in my role as Volunteers Coordinator at a time when we have so many amazing volunteers with us. Miggy and Stephanie have worked incredibly well together, and I have enjoyed working alongside Isabelle so much at Tea Leaf Centre Nuwara Eliya.

Today's photos start with Ranger, move on to the Activity Day at school, and end with our lovely evening out with Tim tonight, which I enjoyed immensely.













Comments

  1. Interesting observations on Ranger's separation anxiety, Keith; and it is surprising how party games break ice and facilitate bonding - aren't we all children at heart?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024