Sunday 28th January 2024

I had a lovely lie in this morning and then had a long shower and lazed around until 12:00 when I went into Nuwara Eliya on a mission to create a business card, as I am always chatting to people about Tea Leaf Trust, but I never have a business card to give them to pass on basic details about Tea Leaf. I mentioned this to James, and he challenged me to create a business card, so I took him up on the challenge today, as I was keen to get something printed off.

There is a very good graphic designer who works upstairs in the Nuwara Eliya bus station, but he wasn't there when I got there, and I had to wait for an hour until he turned up. When he did turn up, I had to wait a while for him to sort some things out (it is his business, so he had quite a bit to do). Even when we did start designing the business card, we were constantly interrupted by other customers, so the whole process took well over 2 hours.

I think it was worth it in the end, as at least I know have a decent looking business card that I can pass on to people who show an interest in Tea Leaf with all the basic information that they need if they want to contribute some funds for us, or even come out as a volunteer. I have printed off a few for me to use, and sent an electronic copy to James for him to do what he wants to with it. I enjoyed working with the graphic designer on it anyway!

The big news of the day is that Tim Pare has now arrived with his wife Yas, and their daughter Hadeeqa, and it was lovely to meet him in person, after chatting to him for 4 years on the phone or online. I enjoyed chatting with him this evening, as we had dinner downstairs, so that we could watch Liverpool beat Norwich 5-2 in the fourth round of the F.A. Cup. I have hardly seen any sport since I have been out here, which made watching the game this evening even more enjoyable.

Today's photos show Tim ready to watch the Liverpool game (more photos of the family tomorrow). I have also included a photo of the front and back of the business card I created with the graphic designer in Nuwara Eliya this afternoon, plus a short video of some buskers I stopped to listen to in Nuwara Eliya bus station whilst I was there.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024