Monday 29th January 2024

I was up early today to go into school, and Anushan came to pick up the school tuk-tuk, so I travelled in with him. It was good to see everyone, including Isabelle, who is doing a great job, particularly with the Advanced Diploma group of students. I was delighted to hear that she is enjoying herself so much that she is already thinking of coming back next year, probably in January and February again, which is great for Tea Leaf, as she has so much to offer.

I caught up a bit with sorting out the timetable of offers from my volunteers who provide weekly conversation sessions for the government teachers on the 6-month English Programme Kavi runs. I think I have enough volunteers to provide conversation sessions for 16 teachers, so it just depends how many of the cohort are wanting to have them. I think there are currently 25 or 26 teachers in this new cohort, so I might have enough volunteers now.

Tharika phoned me whilst I was at school to see if I could stay on a couple more days in Kurunegala in order to run the training session I was scheduled for on Friday, the following Monday instead, so I couldn't really say no. I am looking forward to spending the week there, in the hope that I will have something to offer them. I think it will be an experience being in a school with over 3,000 students, and they have some lovely things planned for the weekends.

I came back to Blackpool straight after school, and I met with Jesmin to finalise my programme for February, and it's all rather full-on really, which it has to be or I won't get to go to Maskeliya and Bogawantalawa, which are top of my list to go to, so that I can catch up with various people that I know, particularly Kavi in Bogawantalawa, who I need to spend time with to write up a little report on how the Rotary-funded project is going.

N.B. Thanks to everyone reading my blog, and to those who leave comments. It is difficult to answer questions on this platform, so please don't be offended if I haven't answered your particular question. I tend to do my blog and diary each evening, and I am too tired to do much else by the end of the day here, as this is quite an exhausting experience.

Today's photos show the Central Team members hard at work, and my simple dinner this evening of roti, sambal, and curry sauce, which was delicious.







Comments

  1. You have done a good job capturing the power of concentration on the faces of the team members. They must feel comfortable enough in your presence to allow that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024