Thursday 23rd February 2023

I was asked to go to Tea Leaf Centre Palmerston today, but there was some sort of hitch with the transport arrangements. Eventually, Reggie came to pick me up, and I arrived at school around 10:30, but it didn't really matter too much. The Principal was away today, and there were just 2 teachers and 11 out of their current 14 students - 1 solitary lad and 10 ladies. Their numbers will grow soon once 'A' Level exams are completed.

I was asked to take the 11 students for the afternoon, so I prepared an activity session for them based around a language game called Typhoon, which I found on the internet. I taught them a song first, and we had some general conversation before playing the game, which seemed to go down extremely well. I had some time free once the students had gone home before Reggie picked me up again in his tuk-tuk.

The two teachers accompanied me in the tuk-tuk - one getting dropped off in Nanu Oya, and the other just before we entered Nuwara Eliya. I decided to go straight to Nuwara Eliya and not back to Blackpool, as Yad's mother Meena has been unwell, and I didn't want her to have to cook for me. I just spent a brief time at The Grand Hotel getting something to eat before heading back to Blackpool for an early night.

It was all very quiet when I got home. Meena was already in her room, and Daya was nowhere to be seen, so I took advantage of this and got on with this blog and my daily diary. Things are beginning to wind down now, as I leave here a week on Saturday, so I am trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible before I go home. I am looking forward to my short break in Colombo before I fly back.

There are just a few photos today - of the school building, the two teachers, the small group of students, the empty classroom at the end of the day, and the view along the road as you leave the school.









Comments

  1. You are certainly getting around the TLV circuit - what fun to travel tuk-tuk style! Presumably Palmerston the place is named after the former British PM who twice held office between 1855 and 1865 - at the time the British were moving from coffee production to tea growing in the hill country?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024