Saturday 25th February 2023

This was a bit of a strange day, as I was hoping for something a little more adventurous for my last weekend in Nuwara Eliya, although I know tomorrow is going to be better. I slept in quite late, and eventually wandered into Nuwara Eliya via a tuk-tuk that just happened to be passing as I was walking down the lane past the house. It was a local guy who has given me lifts previously, and he took me to the shopping area near Kavitas.

As a fuse has blown in one of our adaptor plugs, I needed to replace it, so I obviously went to an electric shop, only to find quite bizarrely that it didn't sell fuses! However, the guy in there told me that Kavitas did, and, sure enough, I was able to get what I needed there, before spending some time doing some 'present' shopping, which was quite enjoyable. Once I was all shopped-out, I went to The Grand Hotel.

I had a snack lunch at the hotel and caught up with my blog and my diary. Suresh Abbas, the General Manager, came and sat with me, and we had a cup of tea together and a chat about how he came to be the General Manager at The Grand Hotel. I then spent a long time listening to some live music, as a young 15-year-old girl called Manethree Walpola was playing the guitar and singing, and she was quite amazing.

I left the hotel quite early, as I didn't feel like having any dinner, and got a tuk-tuk back to Blackpool. Today was a bit of an anti-climax for my last Saturday here, although that's just the way it often goes here - and it is not like I am not aware of that - but it just hits you sometimes. There is only one week left now, and I feel ready to go home, as although I do pretty well generally, it does get a bit lonely here sometimes. 

Today's photos are a bit sparse, as it was a bit of a miserable day. There is just one of Suresh Abbas, the General Manager at The Grand Hotel, one of him and me together, and one of Manethree Walpola performing in The Tea Room.





Comments

  1. As you say, Keith, it isn't surprising the day was a bit flat. You have had a busy time of late, and in any case needed some down time to do that shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024