Friday 24th February 2023

It was a pleasure to return to Udapussalawa today. Singkoguls picked me up around 08:30 and went through Nuwara Eliya to pick up Tharika, then drove on to Tea Leaf Udapussalawa, where the staff team welcomed us. Pramila and her team have worked wonders since we last went on Monday 30th January, and the school is very much up and running now, with a lovely buzz around the place.

We were there to see how they were getting on, and to do some promotional work to encourage more students to join the programme, which involved visiting two of the local secondary schools. We received a warm welcome at both schools, and I think there will be students coming from both of them. Once the promotion work was done, we stopped off for a bit of lunch, then made our way back in the rain to Nuwara Eliya.

Naresh and Shamira had booked a Grand Tour of The Grand Hotel and they had invited me to join them for it. It is no secret that The Grand Hotel is one of my favourite places, so I jumped at the chance, and I really enjoyed it, especially visiting the Billiards Room, which I had not been in before today. The whole place is steeped in history, and it was fascinating to hear a bit more about the development of the hotel over the years.

This was the family's last night in Nuwara Eliya, before heading off to Colombo tomorrow, so we went to the Grand Indian Restaurant, which I used to frequent in 2019, but have not been back to since. Daya joined us, and it was a lovely evening, with delicious food and great company - Orien and Indio are both so entertaining - and it left me feeling I ought to go back there a little more often. Maybe next time I come to Sri Lanka!

Today's photos show the visit to Udapussalawa, and the Billiard Room bit of the Grand Tour of The Grand Hotel later on, with a final photo of me with Orien and Indio.









Comments

  1. Good to see you looking so happy (in the last photo).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024