Tuesday 24th January 2023

As I am beginning to feel better, I am finding it much easier to keep on top of my workload here, so today I was really pleased that I was able to finish up my write-up from the teacher training I did last Wednesday in Nanu Oya Tea Leaf Centre. I was pretty ill when I did the training, so I wasn't very happy with it, but I am a lot more pleased with the write-up, as if I am doing a job for somebody, I like to do it well.

I completed the write-up this morning, and then I went into Nuwara Eliya to meet with Donald and Ladushan at GROW, as they needed my help with writing up a Business Proposal for some funding for a course. We went through it very carefully, and they will have to complete it as best as they can tonight and tomorrow. I will then go through it online or maybe even pop in again on Thursday to chat it through with them.

Ramesh appeared just as we were leaving GROW, so he joined us as we went into town as we went into Milano's for what turned out to be a very pleasant meal (I think I have only eaten there once before and didn't remember much about it). We had a very enjoyable meal there for 5,400 LKR (around £12) for the four of us. I still find the exchange rate quite astonishing, and much as it favours me at the moment, I do hope the Sri Lankan Rupee recovers soon!

Having eaten, Ladushan had to go back for an online meeting, but Donald and Ramesh accompanied me to Cargills to do some basic shopping - just a bit of bread, butter, crackers, and milk powder so that I can rustle up a simple breakfast with a cup of tea. I meant to buy some eggs too, but I forgot. Eggs cost about 70 LKR (about 16p) each here, which people are really beginning to struggle with, as a couple of years ago they were only 20 LKR (about 5p) each.

Today's photos show the entrance to GROW, Ladushan (who is 27) with his sister Kanisha (who is only 16), Ladushan with Donald, Donald with Ramesh outside Cargills, and Donald with me outside Cargills.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024