Friday 27th January 2023

Today was rather quiet, as there wasn't a great deal going on. It was one of those 'the lights are on, but no-one's at home' days! I sat in this morning completing some curriculum work for Jesmin, and then I started to get a bit bored and restless, as there wasn't much happening at home, so I made my escape into town, and had a very relaxing afternoon and evening at The Grand Hotel (no surprise there!).

I make so many new contacts going to The Grand Hotel, and today was no exception, as I bumped into an English couple called Rob and Diana Cantley who live out here - very close to the Tea Leaf Centre in Palmerston. They have been growing carnivorous plants out here for a living for years - and have won Gold Medals at The Chelsea Flower Show for them! Rob has a Wikipedia page (copy and paste: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cantley).

Apparently, they are at the growing end of a very niche market and export their carnivorous plants all over the world. I had a lovely conversation with them, and they were very interested in Tea Leaf, as they had not come across the organisation, and they were interested in having a look at the Tea Leaf Centre in Palmerston. I will certainly be catching up with them again soon, and they could become a very good contact.

I was rather blown away by the fact that they are going sailing in Croatia this summer, so we had a good chat about where to go in Croatia, as it will be the first time they have been there! I told them if they sail as far north as Cres, they would be very welcome to pop in! It just amazes me that I come all the way out here to Sri Lanka to find someone who lives here but will be in Croatia at the same time as me this summer!

Today's photos are 'night' photos - leaving The Grand Hotel, arriving home in Blackpool and back to my cosy little room, which is rather lovely at night!















Comments

  1. You are doing useful networking for TLT by the sound of it.
    Good to see how cosy your bedroom looks.
    Peter H spoke about you and your blog at the Rotary meeting on Thursday...
    Another cold snap in the UK last night, but the prospect of slightly warmer weather is on the way...
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024