Saturday 9th July 2022

It's time to conclude my blog - exactly 12 weeks after my first entry on Sunday 17th April 2022! I went to bed at 04:00 (UK time) this morning, after a quite exhausting 24-hour journey home, and got up at 08:30 after around 4 hours sleep, so I am going to rest up today, whilst my mind and body get into some sort of synchronisation with the time-lag situation that long-haul flights inevitably impose on you!

My first thought this morning is simply to thank everyone who has made an effort to read through my daily blog. Some of you have been ardent followers (so well done to you!) and others have dipped in and out when they have had the time. I am grateful to each and every one of you, and I hope that you have enjoyed reading about my many varied experiences out in Sri Lanka. It has been quite amazing!

Although it has been amazing, and I wouldn't change it at all, it has also been extremely challenging, far more so than the 3 months I spent in Sri Lanka at the end of 2019. The country is in a desperately sad situation, and I have been living in the midst of that for the whole time that I was there, so whilst I have had some wonderful times with the people out there, I have also shared their concerns for their country.

So what of the future? I remain optimistic that somehow this beautiful country of Sri Lanka I have grown to love so much over the past 3 years, will recover both economically and politically (the two go hand-in-hand really) and I will return as soon as I can to try to make a small difference, in whatever way that I can, to the lives of the amazing people who live in the beautiful hill country.

I leave you with 10 random photos chosen from a collection of 600 that I now have stored on my laptop, which I think is a pretty tight collection from a 3-month stay in Sri Lanka!












































Comments

  1. Trust you enjoyed the tennis this afternoon, and that you allow yourself a good sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a journey home! It’s tiring enough without all the hassle at Heathrow. Looking forward to catching up on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024