Monday 4th July 2022

My final day in Nuwara Eliya arrived, and I got Reggie to pick me up at 08:00 to take me to The Grand Hotel, where I had breakfast for only the second time ever in all my visits there. It was just as wonderful as the other day, and afterwards I sat in the lounge writing a report of yesterday's graduation ceremony for the third cohort of the 6-month Training Programme for the Rotary International Project.

I then made my way into the town centre to get a few last-minute things, including some shorts and sandals for my next three days in Colombo, as it is going to be very hot there. There is a huge variation between the mild, wet climate in the Central Province and the hot, dry climate on the coast, and I am very much looking forward to the change as I travel down to Colombo tomorrow.

I went back to The Grand Hotel around mid-afternoon to get on with a short PowerPoint presentation about the success of the Rotary International Project, for my meeting with Colombo West Rotary Club on Wednesday evening. I had not long started, when I received a message from Yad to tell me that the Central Team had decided to meet at The Grand Hotel, so I went to join them for a while.

At 16:00 Donald, Ladushan, and Ramesh arrived, as arranged, for a final goodbye, and we went into the Olympia Dining Room for pizzas, which we very much enjoyed. We had a little tour of the hotel afterwards, ending up in the pool area. All too soon, it was time to say goodbye, and I got a tuk-tuk back to Blackpool to spend my last evening at Jana and Yad's, with Meena and Daya there too.







Comments

  1. Best wishes for your journey down to Columbo. Whilst you will now have some time to yourself, it is good you still have the one final engagement with the Rotary Club which has been supporting the TLV project on the ground - a nice way to round off a memorable visit...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024