Wednesday 29th June 2022

Donald and Ladushan wanted me to come to GROW at 11:00 this morning, so I had a nice leisurely morning at home, just editing one document for Yad, before walking to Blackpool Junction and getting a bus to Nuwara Eliya. I arrived in good time, then had a gentle stroll along Lady McCullum's Drive to GROW, where Donald, Ladushan and the students were all waiting for me.

They wanted to say an official 'goodbye' to me, and I was quite overwhelmed by the little presentation they put on for me. They had two girls introducing it all (one of whom was Princiya), and various students came up to give little speeches. I was asked to make a little speech, and Donald also made a lovely speech about my relationship with him and Ladushan and GROW as a company.

The students had created a collage of photos for me which they had framed, then two students presented me with very special gifts. Lakshika is a very talented artist who had used typography to draw me a farewell message on an A4 piece of paper, which was beautifully done, and must have taken her a long time. I wanted to make sure it didn't get ruined, so later in the afternoon I went to get it framed. 

I was then presented with a wrapped parcel, and I was a bit stunned when I opened it, as it was a very skilful drawing taken from a photograph of me where I looked very startled! It was signed by Mahi, but his brother Pradeepkanth had drawn it. Kawya's youngest sister, Dilakshana, had also made me a little micro art key ring (she had been on the micro art course at GROW). And after all of that we had cake!!!











Comments

  1. What lovely expressions of appreciation, Keith. The portrait presents you very much as the headteacher you will always be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024