Wednesday 25th May 2022

Tea Leaf Vision made the decision to close all three of their schools for the rest of this week, which was inevitable given the fuel situation in the country, as although there will still be a skeleton service of government buses, there will be no private buses, so the journey to and from school will be impossible for many students. This meant another day working from home again, which is no great hardship.

I had a WhatsApp group call with Yad and Jesa this morning to discuss what I should be doing next. I have been in Maskeliya for the past 5 weeks now, so I was hoping to be able to return to Nuwara Eliya, but sadly, that is just not going to happen. Given the current situation in the country, I am of greater use to Teal Leaf Vision here in Maskeliya, which I know makes sense, even if it is disappointing.

A Zoom Meeting chat with my very good friend Charles Hayward cheered me up, as I felt a bit more connected with what is going on back home. This evening I also chatted to Val through Facebook Messenger, so I have had quite a social day today, in between the excruciating monotony of editing endless reports, which, unfortunately, are going to take me some considerable time to complete.

In terms of photos today, there is a lovely, typical family scene in the garage, plus a selection of the local shops that are just a moment's walk away, ranging from the very basic to the quite up-market, plus a rather nice bakery tuk-tuk, and a function venue that has clearly seen much better days! For now, this remains my home, with my return to Nuwara Eliya just a distant dream - maybe one day soon, I hope!










Comments

  1. Many thanks Keith for all the great reporting out of Sri Lanka. It is always a pleasure to read what you are up to. Best wishes from Bath, Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for continuing to share your journey Keith. We used to love that little bakery Tuk tuk - does it still play music?
    Praying for brighter days for all there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024