Thursday 26th May 2022

Yesterday was probably my most disappointing and frustrating day so far, so it was great to be able to bounce back again today with what turned out to be one of my best days so far! It was an incredibly busy day, and I was quite exhausted by the end of it, which is why it has taken me a while to get my blog done - and it was another day that will carry over into two blogs, as one blog will not do it justice!

I got an early morning tuk-tuk to the bus station, to catch a bus to Hatton (getting off at Norwood), but before we got to the bus station we met the Hatton bus and the tuk-tuk driver flagged it down. I had to quickly pay the tuk-tuk driver, grab my stuff, and jump on the back of the bus, which then drove off immediately, and I would have fallen back out of the bus if someone hadn't grabbed me to pull me on!

I got to Norwood early, so I popped in to see Daya for an hour, and Gobi picked me up from there to go on a mammoth day's visit to see two schools, the first one hosting 5 teachers and the second one 4 teachers - all 9 from different schools. We then had lunch at another teacher's house in Norwood, where I met another 8 teachers from the programme - 17 teachers in all in just one day - quite overwhelming!

The first school was Portree T.V. School - a primary school in the most beautiful of settings. We met 5 teachers from 5 different schools, who represented 9 participants of the programme altogether. It was very interesting for me to meet Mr. Rizvi, a truly delightful character, who has been having conversation sessions with Peter Hopwood, and Ms. Dhayani, who had conversation sessions with me.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024