Thursday 28th April 2022

Unfortunately, today was a day full of frustrations. I should have been visiting government schools today, but there were big protests all over Sri Lanka, so all schools were closed again. I still had work to do, so I was able to go into the school building today to complete some of it. I took a photo of the Tea Leaf Vision bus, as an example of the support that other Rotary Clubs have brought to TLV's work here.

Today's tropical storm came quite early, and just as I was going back to Ananda's around lunchtime. It was also just before another power cut, which meant the minutes of the meeting I had yesterday with Gobi and Jesmin could not be emailed until later today! Dogs don't mind this disruption, of course, they just lounge around on the roof, as the pictures of Laura and Lily from first thing this morning show!

On top of the torrential rain and the power cut, I had news of problems with our building work in Cres, Croatia. I felt a bit better after chatting to my wife Valerie about it all, but then just gave up for a while and went to sleep, in the hope that power might be restored by the time I woke up again. I woke up to electricity, but it did not last long before they turned the power off yet again - so annoying of them!

I had to go over to dinner in the dark, eating by torchlight, but the power had come back on again by the end of the meal. I took photos of Lily relaxing on the chassis of a vehicle in the garage, and another one of Chamod, Ananda and Lasanthi's only son, who has been so friendly and helpful to me during my stay here. I am blessed ending up being with such a loving family - it makes the world of difference to me!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024