Thursday 5th December 2019

I have reached the point where I am writing the final entry in my Blog, having now returned to Bath. It seems strange, as it feels like I have been on such a long journey, but, at the same time, it has passed very quickly. I am mainly writing to thank you all for your support, as I know many of you supported my Fundraisers and also followed me on this Blog. In terms of the Fundraisers, I had one on Facebook, that raised £300 and, when this one ran out of time, I renewed it and it raised another £40. My main Fundraiser in the end was through the Tea Leaf Trust site, and that raised £853 so, in total, I raised £1,193, which I was pleased with. I want to send a huge thank you to everyone who helped me to raise this money for the work of Tea Leaf Vision.

I also want to thank all of you who have faithfully followed my blog over the past 3 months. I am aware of how many people have checked out my Blog each day, but I have no idea who they are, so I will have to issue this general thank you to everyone, rather than thank each of you individually. It has been a big encouragement to me knowing that so many of you have been following me on here and that helped to sustain me at times during my time out in Sri Lanka.

This has been an incredible adventure for me and one of the most extraordinary 3-months of my life, which I will never forget. It has been extremely challenging, mentally, physically and emotionally and I will never be quite the same again after this. I grew to love Sri Lanka and the people there very much and, even though I am officially due to return at the end of next year or early on in 2021 to help to complete the Report on the International Rotary Project, I can already see myself returning after that. It sounds corny, but I genuinely feel I left a part of me behind in Sri Lanka and it will always be somewhere now that I want to return to in order to reconnect with that.

For my final photographs, I have chosen 30 of my favourite ones from over the past 3 months in Sri Lanka.































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024