Sunday 1st December 2019

06:00 came and went and, true to form, there was no sign of Ramesh! I waited an hour again before trying to contact him, ending up talking to Donald, who said Ramesh was on his way! He turned up at 07:30 in the end, with Musthaq, who had stayed at Donald’s last night. It was another of those moments where you just think to yourself 'well, this is Sri Lanka!'

Having got back to Nuwara Eliya just before 09:00, I was very pleased to have the whole day to sort washing and ironing out, clean the house, finish the last couple of banners I have been making and start my packing. I managed to get everything done and just need to complete my packing tomorrow, before locking the house for the final time and giving the keys to the AMMA ladies.

I made use of my waiting time this morning to take a few photos around the place where I was staying, including this first one of a very aptly named Pre-School, a little Hindu shrine to Ganesh, which has seen better days and the final, lovely shot of a repair place for tuk-tuks!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024