Wednesday 27th November 2019

Last night was my last one where I have been staying, as I am away for the next 4 nights and then spending the last 3 where I hope to be staying when I next return to Sri Lanka. I felt a little sad, but I was too busy washing sheets and sorting stuff out to be too maudlin! I will return on Sunday evening or on Monday to finish cleaning the house and pack all my things.

The Sri Lankan Air Force guys reappeared briefly today, but this time they were not in civvies, but fully dressed in uniform and carrying rifles! At least it was obvious who they were this time, so I steered well clear of them, as I didn’t want to get caught up in a dangerous hostage scenario!

Later in the afternoon, Reggie picked me up in his tuk-tuk to take me to Maskeliya, where I am staying for 2 nights at the wonderfully named Butterfly Mountain Lake Side Guest House! I am there for Gobi and Kavi’s wedding tomorrow and I am quite excited about it, as it will be my first ever experience of a Hindu wedding! I have absolutely no idea what to expect, but I know it will be a very bright and colourful occasion!

The photos today are from Butterfly Mountain Lake Side Guest House, including one of the amazing Brenda, who will be 92 next month, although time doesn't seem to have caught up with her yet, as she is still acting as a Tour Guide and taking tourists up Adam's Peak (Sri Prada), which is the peak you can see to the left in the background on the first photo).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024