Sunday 24th November 2019

It was another quiet day in an extremely quiet weekend. I got up very early and did some washing and then I spent most of the day making a banner for Gobi and Kavi’s wedding, which I am going to on Thursday. I get completely absorbed in this when I am doing it, so I forget that I am on my own!

I did go into Nuwara Eliya for a while though, just to break the monotony, partly to get a few last minute gifts for Christmas (it is great to be able to do all of my Christmas shopping here), but mainly just to have a walk around the town, as I will miss doing that once I am gone. I came across the usual horse wandering around the town and I will miss that too – you don’t get many horses trotting through Milsom Street back home!

I have been able to tell people a great deal about what I am doing here in Nuwara Eliya, but it is impossible to convey the sounds, the smells and the general atmosphere as you walk around the town. It has become a very special place for me, as it has been my home for the past 3 months. As a town, it is nothing special, and it certainly doesn’t have the beauty of Bath, although the countryside immediately around it is stunning and more than a match for the Cotswolds!

Today's photos show Nuwara Eliya views today, including the random horse being taunted by a couple of dogs!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024