Friday 29th November 2019

I had a more relaxing day today after the excitement of Gobi and Kavi’s wedding yesterday, as I felt very tired today. It has been an exhilarating 3 months, but also quite exhausting and I find myself looking forward to returning home more than ever now, although I know I will miss Sri Lanka enormously.

I had a relaxing morning at the Guest House, then in the afternoon, I went to the Tea Leaf Vision School in Maskeliya and worked there for a little while. I gave them the ‘Welcome’ banner I had made for them and Daya helped me put it up in the entrance. All too soon, it was time to say my final goodbyes to all the staff there. I have enjoyed my trips to Maskeliya very much and it is certainly somewhere I am looking forward to returning to next time I come to Sri Lanka.

I left in a tuk-tuk with Daya in order to go home with him to meet his family and have a bit of food. We ate something called iddly, which Daya told me was a favourite meal for him. They reminded me a little bit of dumplings and were served with chatni and dahl, which I love. It was a delicious meal and it was lovely to visit Daya’s home, as I can now picture him there when I am back at home in Bath.

From Daya's home, I took a tuk-tuk to River View Nature Resort, where I am staying for the next couple of nights. It is in a beautiful location, right beside a fast-flowing river, which I could see from a small balcony off my room. I could also hear it all the time I was in my room, which I found very relaxing. It is certainly a lovely place to stay for my final weekend here in Sri Lanka and I will include some photographs of it tomorrow.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024