Friday 22nd November 2019

I didn’t wake up until 11:00, having not gone to bed until 05:00 this morning! I then just worked from home, starting the report on my visits to the Sri Lanka Unites Regional Youth Reconciliation Centres. I have really enjoyed visiting them and I have particularly enjoyed working with Daya, who is a very intelligent young man and a great character. However, the travelling has not been at all easy and each time I have visited a new Regional Centre it has left me feeling exhausted, so I am relieved that there are no more Regional Centres I can visit on this first trip to Sri Lanka.

In the afternoon I went into Nuwara Eliya to do some shopping and I then popped into The Grand Hotel to say goodbye to the staff, as I may not go there again. They have all treated me with such kindness there and I particularly wanted to say goodbye to Pradeep and Sajeevan. Pradeep was there, but it was Sajeevan’s day off, so I will try to pop in again before I go if I have time. It seemed a little early to be saying goodbye to people, but I am away next weekend, so this is my last weekend in Nuwara Eliya before I fly home.

I went for dinner at the Grand Hotel Indian Restaurant with Leanne, who is the American Fulbright student working with Tea Leaf Vision for 4 weeks. She is doing her PhD at Bristol University, so I may be able to catch up with here when I get back home. We had a very pleasant evening and I took the opportunity to say goodbye to Dinuwan, as I have enjoyed singing with him so much and I will miss my evenings here.

I didn't take any photos today, so I have looked back through the huge number of photos I have and selected all the ones of food that I have eaten in Sri Lanka. The food has definitely been a highlight of my time out here!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024