Wednesday 23rd October 2019

I woke up to find I was staying in the most beautiful Guesthouse that Raelene had obviously negotiated an excellent rate for me to stay at. Tim and Liz were spending today visiting a few of their beneficiaries, so I had the day to myself, which was lovely! 

I got up early and went for a long swim in the pool before breakfast. Unfortunately, I managed to cut my foot on a sharp edge on the pool, so I was given some iodine and hydrogen peroxide to stop it getting infected!

I spent a very relaxing day having some 'down time' at the beach reading my Khaled Hosseini book ‘And the Mountains Echoed’, which I am enjoying very much. I felt like I was in some kind of paradise. It was a fabulous change from the continuous rain in Nuwara Eliya and Maskeliya and, as I am almost half-way through my time in Sri Lanka, this break has come at a very opportune time for me.

Tim and Liz picked me up later to take me out to dinner and we went to a restaurant that Raelene had recommended called ‘Mango Shade’, where we ate a most delicious meal of mahi-mahi fish, followed by buffalo curd and treacle!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024