Monday 28th October 2019

This was the coldest and wettest day that I have experienced in Sri Lanka so far and the incessant rain is becoming quite depressing. I arrived here on Sunday 15th September and it has rained every single day since then. I received a text message from Tim today informing me that this is the worst weather they have experienced during their 10 years in Sri Lanka, so I guess I am just very unlucky to be here at this particular time.

I spent a lot of the day working at The Grand Hotel, although I did venture into town to go shopping when the rain abated for a very short time this afternoon. Mark, a volunteer from Maskeliya, joined Rachelle and me for dinner this evening and we went back to The Grand Hotel, where we had a lovely dinner in the Magnolia Dining Room. We did a bit of shopping afterwards before going home.

I took today's pictures on my way through the Indoor Market in Nuwara Eliya when I went shopping, as I thought the stalls looked very colourful.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024