Wednesday 25th September 2019

I had three more lesson observations with teachers (all ladies) in the first three lessons this morning and then, in the fourth lesson I fed back to them. One of the ladies, who is only in her second year of teaching, was extremely impressive. There were so many positive aspects to her lesson, but the one that I would highlight is when she made a point of asking the students why they were learning what they were covering in their Success and Ethics class. It is so important not to learn in a vacuum, but to understand the reasoning and the purpose behind that learning and I commended the teacher for this. After lunch, I had another session with the Teacher Trainee interns on their revision for the Teacher Knowledge Test (Module 1), again looking at their phonological awareness and going through the phonemes that we didn’t cover yesterday. We practised the sound made by each phoneme and then generated words for each of them, noting that there were different spellings for the same phoneme e.g. the phoneme for the soft ‘g’ in ‘giraffe’ is the same phoneme as the ‘j’ in ‘jaguar’. The rest of the school day was a lot of fun, as I spent it helping the students with their rehearsals for the Speech Conference on Friday, which is going to be held in a local Wedding Hall. Once the students had gone home, I then spent time helping the staff with their rehearsals for the Speech Conference, as they wanted to practice what they had to say during the event. Their attention to detail is admirable and it was a pleasure to help them practise. Having has a pretty exhausting day, with no real breaks to speak of, I rested the rest of the evening, too tired to even bother with my blog or my daily diary (which I completed on Thursday morning!) and I went to bed earlier than I have done in the whole of my time here.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024