Sunday 29th September 2019


I just had another restful day today, as I am finding I need to pace myself after quite a busy working week. I got up late and had a quick breakfast, before walking in to Nuwara Eliya town centre to have another look round and do some shopping.

I ended up going to The Grand Hotel again, as I wanted to watch the Australia versus Wales game, which turned out to be a very exciting one, with the final score Australia 25 Wales 29. Wales were well-up at half-time and just managed to hold off a very spirited come-back from the Australian team in the second half. If there had been another 10 minutes play, I think the Australians would have managed to win!

I came home and ironed the clothes I had washed yesterday, then I went back into Nuwara Eliya with Rachelle to have dinner at Ambals, which is where I went on my first night here. I am not sure I would ever have gone there if it hadn’t been recommended by Rachelle, but the food is very good and extremely cheap!

Today's photographs are all of The Grand Hotel to show you where I can escape to find a beautiful working environment that also does a lovely cup of cinnamon tea and an excellent lunch, still at very reasonable prices.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024