Wednesday 7th February 2024

Unfortunately, I suffered another fall today, although no building materials were involved! Asini wanted to go for an early morning walk, so I was up at 06:30 to accompany her. She told me that she knew the way down to the river, so we headed off (joined by four dogs, who followed us for the whole of the trip). Sadly, Asini got lost, and we took a rather tortuous route down to the river, and I fell to the ground very badly, landing on my left hip, which was extremely painful.

We managed to come back the way that we should have gone, and the pain wasn't too bad, so we had breakfast and went into school for the 08:30 morning meeting. I realised that I had left my laptop at The Riverside, so I came back to get it, but found it extremely difficult to walk even that short distance. As the pain had become so bad, I decided to rest for a few minutes before heading back to school, and lay on my bed, only to fall into a deep sleep and wake up 2 hours later!

I hobbled back into school (with my 4 doggy friends following me), but I was fit for nothing really. Miss Rajkumar was scheduled teach me after school how to make daal curry to celebrate World Pulses Day this Saturday. I found it very difficult to walk to her house for the cookery demonstration, which Asini was filming. We got there in the end, and it was fun making the film, but I couldn't walk any further, and had to wait for a tuk-tuk to take me back to The Riverside.

Fortunately, Nilanga's wife Radha is a qualified doctor of Ayurveda medicine, and she massaged my hip with hot oils, and prescribed some medicine to help with the healing process. I just about had time to complete my treatment before the tuk-tuk arrived to take Asini and me to do a bit of shopping, before walking to Sobiya's house for dinner. We enjoyed a lovely evening with Sobiya and her family, and my leg was already feeling quite a lot better.

Today's photographs show where Asini and I, and our four dogs, ended up by the river, one of Miss Rajkumar, as we arrived at her house (daal curry video below the photos), one of the tablets prescribed by Radha for me, one of me saying 'Hi' to my friend Babu the tailor in Maskeliya town, and a couple of Sobiya's family this evening.






















Comments

  1. Oh dear, Keith, you have been in the wars the last two days. The so-called tablets look interesting - glad you received some relief after bearing the pain all day, and thank goodness for the tuk-tuk service.
    Looking forward to the daal curry video...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024