Tuesday 6th February 2024

I enjoyed a very comfortable night's sleep at The Riverside, which I have always enjoyed staying at, as Nilanga is always very friendly and helpful, and his mother is a great cook. I had a good breakfast, and set off to school with Asini, who has very much enjoyed her time as a volunteer here in Maskeliya. We arrived in time for the morning meeting, and I discovered that Uma hadn't gone to Nuwara Eliya after all - it was only Chan who was missing.

I was supposed to be doing some lesson observations with Uma, but he was rather busy this morning with his duties as Prinicpal, so I spent the morning catching up with a backlog of stuff that I haven't addressed yet. This was actually very useful, as I felt I caught up at last, although my preparations for next week's visit to the Royal International School in Kurunegala still need a lot of work, especially after my discussions with Tharika this afternoon!

I did manage a lesson observation with Uma this afternoon, and there will be more to come over the next couple of days. I think it was very useful, as there were key general points that came up, and I was able to talk to all the staff about those after school, before modelling a feedback session from the lesson for Uma and one of the experienced teachers, which I know they both found very helpful, as it is one of the things that I feel most confident doing.

I nearly had a bad accident this afternoon, as I tripped over some building materials that are piled up in the entrance hall. I caught my feet on some bits of wood that were sticking out, and I am relieved there was no CCTV to record the incident, as it would have looked very amusing. I stumbled forward and fell to the ground in a most ungainly fashion. Fortunately I didn't do myself any serious injury, and only my pride was injured on this occasion.

Today's photos show a busy day at Tea Leaf Centre Maskeliya, including a trip upstairs to see the KNH team of staff, led by Aruni, and a photo showing exactly why it was a bit tricky negotiating all the building materials in the entrance hall! The irony is that I hated Health and Safety when I was a Headteacher, as I couldn't believe how many rules and regulations I had to comply with, whereas here in Sri Lanka it almost seems non-existent!












Comments

  1. It sounds as if you are being kept busy. The photo evidencing the H&S issue makes it clear how you came to fall - and yet the building materials have been left in such tidy order. It is a relief that your pride was hurt more than your body!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024