Tuesday 20th February 2024

I was picked up by the school minibus at 06:30 this morning for the long journey back to Nuwara Eliya, as Sandra was coming too, with Agatha and Yohan, and their daughter Sohaliya. It took around 4 hours, although I slept through quite a bit of the journey, as I was so tired. I had a wonderful time in Kurunegala, but I felt ready to come home to Nuwara Eliya just for one night before heading off to Tea Leaf Centre Bagawantalawa tomorrow morning.

I want to thank everyone who has left me comments on my blog, but also let you know that unless you sign them, I have no clue who has left them. I had two comments today, and I don't know if they were sent by the same person, so please let me know if you sent me a comment today, and I will try to send a message back to you somehow. I only have a few more days of writing my blog now, which is great, as it gets to be a bit of a chore after doing it for over 50 days now.

I was dropped off in Blackpool, and it felt very empty, as  almost everyone has gone to Maskeliya. I sorted out all my stuff before heading into Nuwara Eliya to get my hair cut and do a bit of shopping. Meena was very busy today, so she asked me if I minded getting my dinner in town today, as she was too busy to cook this evening, which of course was fine by me. It will come as no surprise to you that I ended up at The Grand Hotel for a late lunch before heading back.

I had a very quiet evening in, and although Kurunegala was a wonderful experience, the only real negative thing was the fact that I am now covered in mosquito bites, which were incredibly itchy tonight, and left me regretting not heeding Tharika's advice to bring some mosquito repellent with me. I would love to return to Kurunegala at some point, but next time I will be much better prepared for the mosquitoes, as I just couldn't stop scratching this evening.

I didn't take any photographs today, so I will leave you with some of my highlights from the last 10 days in Kurunegala, which has been one of my best weeks out here. 































                                       


Comments

  1. Gosh, you are stretching yourself by setting off again after such a short interval!
    How about you giving yourself a break from the blog until you return from Bogawantalawa?
    Maybe you are referring to two other comments on yesterday's offering, but my edition shows provides names for two contributors ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024