Thursday 15th February 2024

It was just a bit more of the same this morning today, as I did a series of lesson observations with the lovely Lakmali, who is the Lower KinderGarten Co-ordinator. We watched English lessons and Number lessons, and it was fun, but I did skip the last lesson to do a bit more preparation for when I have my leadership and management training session with all the big guns tomorrow afternoon (and with a school of over 3,500 pupils, there are quite a few of them!).

I was somewhat apprehensive before coming to Kurunegala, as I wondered if I could really offer them that much, but it turns out that I can, as I haven't yet met a situation where I have felt out of my depth (well, maybe taking 250 3-4 year-olds for an hour's singing in such intense heat was pushing me to my limits!). Having said that, I am being cautious about tomorrow (pride before a fall and all that) and have my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a success.

Straight after school, I was chauffeur driven (in the school bus!) to the Selyn shop, where there is simply a wealth of things to buy from Madam Sandra's textile factory, and her toy factory. I had some orders for material from my wife, and from a friend, but I also found numerous other gifts for people back home, and particularly for my daughter, who has just moved into her new house, although it will be a while before these gifts get passed on, as we fly straight out to Croatia when I get home!

I was driven back to the hotel, and the lady in charge of the Nursery department brought the English lead from the Primary school, as she had missed the meeting I held on Monday, so I answered a whole host of questions that she had about the development of English. Annoyingly, I forgot to take a picture for today's blog, which I am writing early today, as the only good internet connection is downstairs by Reception, but that is where the mosquitoes come once it is dark too!

Today's photos are from one of my lesson observations, plus a photo of the lovely Lakmali. I have also got a couple of reminder photos of just how wonderful the Selyn shop is!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024