Sunday 18th February 2024

Today was another of the great highlights of my two months in Sri Lanka this year, so it has been a marvellous weekend of them! Madam Sandra took me out for the day in the school minibus. We had a driver for the day, and Agatha and her daughter Soralia, plus Tharika and her daughter Evinka came with us. We visited a 'Forest School', then went to Sigiriya, then went to Madam Sandra's secret surprise for me to thank me for my time with the Royal International School.

The whole day was simply wonderful, with the visit to the 'Forest School', where Madam Sandra's son, Ravi, the Managing Director of the Royal International School, and Buddhika, who is Ravi's Mentor, and her husband met up with us. The Royal International School will have a close working relationship with this 'Forest School', which is in stunning surroundings, including a lovely lake that students will be taken across by boat when they come.

We drove on to Sigiriya, which I have always wanted to see, although this time we only went close enough to it to get some good views of it, as it was an extremely hot day, and I am not sure that it would have been very wise to climb it today. I only then found out that a key reason Madam Sandra was not expecting us to climb Sigiriya today, was that she had an alternative plan that she told me involved taking me to a bit of heaven!

To be fair to Madam Sandra, her description of Kandalama Hotel, which is a 5-star luxury hotel in the middle of the jungle, did not disappoint. It was certainly one of the  most amazing hotels I have ever been to, situated by a huge lake, with views of Sigiriya in the distance. The buffet lunch I had there was one of the best I have ever had in my life, and I felt very humbled to be treated so kindly today, just for spending a week helping at the school.

Today's photographs show the 'Forest School' visit, views of Sigiriya, and our ultimate destination - Kandalama Hotel (which is 1km long from one end of the building to the other end of the building), and has as an abundance of monkeys!






















Comments

  1. What a treat this excursion must have been, but also a sign of how much Sandra valued your input over the last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely it all looks 🐘❤️😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024