Monday 5th February 2024

I got a lovely surprise when I left Blackpool this morning, as Chooty turned up in his tuk-tuk to take me to Maskeliya. We had a very good journey, stopping off for breakfast in Hatton, before dropping my stuff off at The Riverside, then going into school. It was so good to be back here again. I stayed in Maskeliya for 7 weeks one time, which was certainly too long for me, as there is so little to do here, but a week or two is just a perfect length of stay, I think.

I saw so many familiar faces at Tea Leaf Maskeliya, but one I certainly didn't expect to see was Ramesh, who just happened to pop in to get his pension contributions certificate (or something like that) from when he used to work for Tea Leaf. He looked really well, and he seems to be making a success of his new role in finance and administration at a local hotel. It was also lovely to see Asini, one of our volunteers here, although I failed to get a photo of her today.

It was almost lunchtime by the time I arrived in Maskeliya, and I was quite tired, so I spent the afternoon catching up on various bits and pieces of administration, including sorting out Asini's stay at Sky Heaven when she returns with me to Nuwara Eliya on Friday afternoon. I have various things I need to do whilst I am here, including some lesson observations, which I will get stuck into tomorrow morning, even though Chan and Uma will actually be in Nuwara Eliya tomorrow!

After school, I met my very good friend Rizvi, and we popped into Sobiya's house for a cup of tea on the way to his house. Sobiya was one of the Sri Lankan teachers I chatted to as part of the Rotary International Project, where we offer an online 6-month English Programme to teachers in government schools. Sobiya has invited me for dinner on Wednesday, so I will spend more time with her then. I enjoyed a lovely evening with Rizvi and his extended family at his house.

Today's photos are of Ramesh at Tea Leaf Centre Maskeliya, and then Sobiya, Rizvi, and his younger son Mahdhi, during our stop off at Sobiya's house.










Comments

  1. Don't Rizvi and Mahdi have lovely smiles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keith I have now caught up with all your blogs; you are certainly keeping up a fast pace on this trip! Nuwara Eliya by tuk tuk is some journey! I am delighted you had a relaxing time with Erica and met some of our friends while you were there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024