Monday 19th February 2024

I had a big change today, as I moved over to the Primary Department today, and did 6 lesson observations throughout the morning. It would not be appropriate to say too much in my blog, but the difference between the Pre-Primary Department and the Primary Department is palpable, from the moment you enter each building. Ravi, the Managing Director, has a big job on his hands here, and I would love to be able to help him with what is quite a monumental task!

I was very pleased to return to the Pre-Primary Department for a little send-off, as that has certainly been my comfort zone over these past few days, although I did feel a buzz of excitement entering the Primary Department this morning, as it is really where my expertise lies. Much as I have loved Pre-Primary, watching Grade 6 students this morning deliver presentations on the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD was definitely a delight for me!

There is often an element of sadness in saying farewell to people, and on each occasion towards the end of my time in Sri Lanka there are always so many goodbyes. However, the fact is that, at the moment, I keep coming back, and the French 'au revoir' (literally 'to the next seeing') is actually more appropriate, as I have 'reseen' people for 5 years now, and each time I see them again it is a delight. So, farewell to Kurunegala, but I hope that I will be back.

I was invited out for an Indian supper by Madam Sandra, Ravi, and Buddhika, which was a lovely way to round off my stay here. We went to a very basic place to have dhosas, and I had a lassi, with a masala chai to finish, so I was well content. I hadn't had dhosas for ages, and I had forgotten just how delicious they are. Often, the simplest food in Sri Lanka is the tastiest in my opinion, which I guess is often true for meals in the UK too - bangers and mash does me fine!

Just a few photos tonight of my lesson observations in the Primary Department, plus a farewell photo from the little event I had at the Pre-Primary Department.








Comments

  1. Hi Keith it was certainly a pleasure having you around us.. thanks again for all the work you did t make the school better .. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite something that Madam Sandra thinks you have added to what appears to be quite a successful operation...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024