Friday 9th February 2024

I was disappointed to get to the end of this week so quickly. Although I felt 7 weeks was too long a stay in Maskeliya back in 2022, I felt 4 nights was simply too short this time, and Friday morning came all too quickly. I had some lovely egg hoppers for my last breakfast at The Riverside, and Nilanga even brought me a honey hopper, which I had never tried before, and thoroughly enjoyed. As always, I have had such a comfortable stay at The Riverside.

I had two more joint lesson observations in school today, one with Mr Renugopal, and the other with Mr. Sivabalan, providing feedback to the teachers at lunchtime. It has been a privilege to do 5 lesson observations over the past few days, and although it would obviously be inappropriate to comment on individual teachers' lessons, I can tell you that the general quality of education at Tea Leaf Centre Maskeliya is pretty impressive.

We seemed to be saying goodbyes all day long - at break time, at lunch time, and again after school, where we ended up having the traditional staff photo shoot with Asini and me. Asini borrowed a sari for today, and she looked great in the photos. There is a wonderful team of staff here in Maskeliya, and such a great atmosphere within the school. I could happily have stayed for longer, and I hope to be here next year over a weekend or two, in order to do more socially.

Nilanga, accompanied by his wife Radha, took Asini and me back to Nuwara Eliya, where Asini will be staying at Sky Heaven for the next few days. We stopped off at the Devon Falls viewing point for a short break, and it was dark by the time we got to Nuwara Eliya. It was lovely to see Isabelle again at Sky Heaven, and we enjoyed a cup of tea together before Nilanga and Radha took me back to Blackpool, where I enjoyed a lovely evening meal and played cards.

Today's photos show one of this morning's lesson observations, the staff photo shoot, and a few taken on our journey back to Nuwara Eliya.











Comments

  1. Glad you've had a good week. I wonder how the waterfall comes to be associated with Devon?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024