Wednesday 27th April 2022

I thought I would start my blog today by showing you where I am staying at the moment in Maskeliya, so the first picture shows where my lodgings are. I am staying at Ananda's, who is a car mechanic, running his own garage business. My room is above his garage - the open door at the end of the walkway in the centre of the first picture, next to the little balcony with two pillars on the corner.

The second picture today shows the view from my room when I open my door in the morning. Laura, one of the family's dogs, is curled up near the end of the roof, with a better shot of her being the 'dog on a hot tin roof' in the third picture. The fourth picture shows the walkway from my room, with the fifth picture showing a little outside shelter that has been built for guests to sit in if they want to.

I got to school early this morning and joined a small crowd waiting for it to be opened. I attended the morning staff meeting, then observed one of the Volunteer Teachers teaching in lesson one, She started the lesson with a game outside in the beautiful sunshine. The pattern is that it is very hot in the morning, with the clouds building up to a torrential downpour mid-afternoon, after which it is a lot fresher.

Gobinath visited the school today, travelling in from Bogawantalawa, and it was lovely to see him, as I have worked extremely closely with him on the Rotary International Project over the past two years. We had a Team Meeting with Jesmin Arumugam joining us online, then in the afternoon I observed two more of the Volunteer Teachers delivering their lessons, leaving school at 16:30 when it closed.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024