Monday 25th November 2019

I had a very enjoyable day today, filled with lots of goodbyes. I started the day with a WhatsApp catch-up call with Tim Pare, who started Tea Leaf Vision off and it was lovely talking to him. I have chatted to him many times now, but I have yet to meet him and I hope I do at some point in the future! He has created something quite wonderful out here in this part of Sri Lanka and I am so pleased that I have ended up playing a small part in that.

Moving on, I then went to collect and pay for some Christmas presents that the AMMA ladies next door have been making for me. I took them a banner that I had made for them as a thank you and I ended up putting it up for them. I am such a perfectionist, so I am very critical of anything I make, but even I thought it looked lovely and they posed underneath it for me so I could take a photograph of them all!

My next stop was a final visit to The Grand Hotel in order to have a bit of lunch and do some work, but also to say goodbye to Sajeevan, as I missed him when I went on Friday. They are getting all Christmassy there now and there is even a very kitsch Nativity scene in the Octagonal Piano Lounge, complete with an angel suspended from the ceiling! I will miss The Grand Hotel, but I will certainly be going back next time I come to Nuwara Eliya!

N.B. I just passed the 30,000 words point in my Daily Diary, so if you think my Blogs might be getting a bit long, just be grateful you aren't reading my Daily Diary!

Today's photos show the AMMA ladies with their new banner, some last goodbyes at The Grand Hotel and the lovely kitsch Nativity scene (I couldn't resist that one!).









Comments

  1. Thanks for your notes that make interesting reading as you convey the detail and atmosphere in your words. The latest pictures suggest it is non too warm as the people are wrapped up and there are umbrellas up in the street. We are having another long period of rain so no water shortage here and of course the annual festive Christmas market is opening this week-end to bring in the crowds.
    Looking forward to your talk when you return.
    Regards,
    Mike R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mike, Thank you for your kind comments. I will see everyone at the Christmas Dinner on Thursday 12th December! Best wishes, Keith

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024