Thursday 24th October 2019

Today was a day full of memories that will stay with me for a very long time. I was picked up by Tim and Liz and we drove to Kirinda to visit the Kirinda Vihara Maha Devi Temple (see: www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1VQEM_qa6s), which looks out over the Indian Ocean.

The highlight of the day for me was our afternoon excursion. We drove to Bundala National Park, where we parked and went on a jeep safari. The safari was a fabulous experience, made even more special by having a young man called Pubuduranga (Ranga) as our guide for the afternoon. His knowledge, particularly of the birds we saw was amazing! We saw a huge number of species of birds (at least 40 that we identified).

A final icing-on-the-cake for me today was driving to Erica’s beautiful home on the outskirts of Tangalle, where we received a fabulous welcome. Erica lives in the most amazing house and we were treated to the most delicious dinner. It rounded off what was for me pretty much the most perfect day that I have experienced since I arrived in Sri Lanka.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 16th February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Saturday 6th January 2024